[Minor] - Aircraft transfer option does not use fuel

Hello,

I noticed that when transfering an owned aircraft (Fleet > (AC) Details >Transfer the aircraft) the operation does not consume any fuel and does not require any xtra cost (bot pilot service for exemple).

I’m good with that haha but maybe adding this constrain could reflect a bit more the reality ! :slight_smile: What do you think guys? What’s your opinion Szymon?

VLJ

I like to think of it as the aircraft being transported by other means, but not I suppose that is a good point.

2 Likes

Aircraft transport (for smaller aircrafts, by ground or by air using larger aircrafts, including disassembly and reassembly cost) and ferry flights should definitely be different things.

As far I as know transfering an owned aircraft does cost something, and it costs less than transfering a rented plane.
The difference is the hourly renting multiplied by transfer time.
Transfer time is based on aircraft cruise speed
Also, maximum range of transfer is tied to aircraft maximum range.
So I suppose the aicraft is really transfering by flying during that time, not disassembled and carried by other means.
The remaining cost is very low, so it could be a not-much paid pilot (compared to what one would earn with jobs) or maybe account for some fuel, but I suspect it’s too low for that as well.

Basic Light Aircraft have a cost of $166 per hour, plus hourly renting cost.
Light Aircraft have a cost of $333 per hour, plus hourly renting cost.
Medium Aircraft have a cost of $500 per hour, plus hourly renting cost.
Large Aircraft have a cost of $666 per hour, plus hourly renting cost.
Heavy Aircraft have a cost of $850 per hour, plus hourly renting cost.