Rental bug - Annual inspection on the Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan

Every 208 B available for rent requires an annual inspection 3 months ago.

I rented one not noticing this and I cant afford the inspection cost :confused:

Yea, it’s not only the 208B, there are a fair bit of other aircraft with the same bug. Making it pretty much impossible to fly them, since Aviatife doesn’t permit you to fly with a un-inspected aircraft, forcing us to pay a extra fee to have the aircraft moved to a airport that has the facilities to do the inspection, unless it’s rented at such an airport.

Indeed, its a little annoying.
However there is a tedious workaround : rent the plane of your choice → check the inspection due date. If in the past, “End rent” → you get your money back → rent again the same EXACT airplane → tadaaaa, the new “next annual inspection” is now in the future and you can use the plane.

1 Like

Thanks for the workaround, but I hope the devs address this soon because it confuses new players. Some people might see it as a challenge to collect the money and fly the plane to an inspection center. I am not sure if you can still transport it somehow to the main inspection site to save money. In any case, it also makes the game look stale and might hurt the player base because it looks like no one is looking after the aircraft.

Is the dev team very active? I would suggest writing a database script. It could start with the smaller GA plane models. It can check if half the planes in a country are overdue for an inspection. If so, simulate them being moved and inspected or just reset their inspection time if it’s been overdue for at least 2 months. You can choose to only do this for half the planes that are overdue, and you only need to run the script every 6 months.